Policies & Shipping
Ways to Shop
- Through our website: https://www.redcat.ca. Choose between free pickup in-store or shipping at checkout.
- Email & phone requests: firstname.lastname@example.org or (604)-708-9422. We will contact you by phone or email when your order is ready for pickup.
- In store, in person
Accepted Methods of Payment
- Credit card
- Shop Pay
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Gift card (if purchased after November 2021)
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Store credit
- Gift card
- Gift certificate
Over the phone:
- Credit card
- All items are shipped in a sturdy packed cardboard mailer with cardboard inserts, used LPs are shipped with the LP outside the jacket to prevent seam splits!
- Please note we are currently only shipping within Canada and to the USA.
- Please note WE DO CHARGE TAX based on your province, we are a store and remit tax!
- Please note – gatefold records and double records are counted as 2 LPS in the rates below.
ALL ITEMS ARE SHIPPED VIA CANADA POST WITH TRACKING
WE DO NOT OFFER CHEAPER SHIPPING RATES WITHOUT TRACKING
Your shipping charge includes the use of packing materials and the service we provide.
Shipping Options & Rates
FREE LOCAL PICK UP
- Vancouver customers: We offer local pick up! Please select that option during checkout if this applies to you.
- IN PERSON PICKUP AVAILABLE AT OUR MAIN STREET LOCATION 7 days a week 12-6 PM
SHIPPING WITHIN BC
- FLAT RATE $20.00 on orders of $0.00 - $149.99
- FREE SHIPPING orders over $150.00
SHIPPING WITHIN CANADA
- FLAT RATE $20.00 on orders of $0.00 - $199.99
- FREE SHIPPING orders over $200.00
SHIPPING TO THE U.S.A.
- FLAT RATE $25.00 on orders of $0.00 - $249.99
- FREE SHIPPING for orders over $250.00
Please contact us if you wish to return an item to us.
If you experience issues with the LP you’ve received, kindly send us a message and we can work something out.
We are NOT responsible for any lost or missing parcels.
You’ll be provided with a waybill and tracking number, please contact Canada Post for updates, not us.
Thanks very much!
– Red Cat Records
We Buy Used LPs and CDs
If you have items you’d like sell to us or to trade for store credit, please give us a call at (604)-708-9422 or send us an email at email@example.com
1) Used Vinyl: We’d be happy to chat about what sort of records you are looking to part with. Albums and jackets need to be in excellent shape to be considered for purchase. If we are interested in the LPs we can arrange a time for them to be dropped off at the store. Please email or call us to get in touch.
2) Used CDs: They need to be in excellent shape to be considered for resale. Any titles we cannot use can be donated on your behalf to our neighbourhood YWCA Thrift Store. Used CDs are not big sellers these days, but this system prevents them from going in the landfill if you are looking to make space and part with them. If you have a nice CD collection in great these can be considered for purchase or store credit. Please email or call us and let us know what you are looking to part with and we can go from there.
3) Cassettes: Same deal as used CDs, but we are always looking for tapes that are nice and clean and still function!
Looking for something not in the online store? In order to keep physical interactions to a minimum, please give us a call at (604)-708-9422 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to place a special order. Thanks!
All ticket prices are before applicable service charges. Service charges are 21% of the cost of a ticket to a maximum of $7.00 per ticket.
Only some tickets can be purchased through our online store due to promoter policies. If a ticket cannot be purchased in the online store, it can be purchased in-person at the store, or over the phone. Tickets are not delivered by mail or email: they must be picked up in the store.
We only hold tickets booked over the phone with a credit card (no extra charge) or ordered in our online store, when available. Credit card information is not kept on file.
WE DO NOT MAIL OUT TICKETS. ALL TICKETS MUST BE PICKED UP IN STORE.
“Sold out” on a ticket listing means that we are sold out at our location. If there are any remaining tickets left, they can be bought through an external online seller such as Ticketmaster, Ticketfly etc.
“Off sale” on a listing means that the promoter has pulled the tickets from our location due to the show being close to sold out online. There may still be remaining tickets available online through the seller carrying tickets for the show.
Ticket Refunds for Cancelled Shows
You can now get a credit card refund for cancelled shows at our store during our regular open hours, seven days a week, 12:00 – 6:00pm. Please bring your tickets. If you do not have a credit card, we can arrange an e-transfer. Please refer to the list of shows on our Postponed & Refund Status for Tickets page for the current status of the concert you’re interested in returning tickets for. Thanks!
If you do not live in town and you bought tickets from our store for a show which has now been cancelled, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Ticket Refund Request” and include the following information:
- Your name in the body of the email
- Your email address to accept an e-transfer
- Your phone number
- Please mail the tickets to 4386 Main Street Vancouver BC V5V 3P9 for processing with your name, email and phone number.
An e-transfer refund will be sent to you if eligible. Please allow up to 7 business days for processing. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, we are able to refund only those shows which are officially “Cancelled,” and not designated “Postponed,” as the work to determine what arrangements can be made for future reschedulings and make-up dates continues. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work with the promoters to get the answers you’re after as quickly as possible!